Tuesday, August 23, 2016

SANTA TORTA

Well, I'm still here in Palermo. Sorella Anderson is also here with
me. Sorella Roberts left and Sorella littlefield came and took her
place. We also got 3 new Anziani in our ward with included a
companionship that were blown in training. We have a greeny in our
district!!! Yay! I love greenies! They're the best. So now we have 6
elders just in our ward! It's crazy. Forza Palermo I guess.


Last week we were talking to an investigator about birthdays and I
Our investigator Alessia told us like 5 minutes before our lesson with
So on Friday we finally went out to visit the Excommunicatd member who
Last night at our gesso there were tons of different churches, I think
Today we went to two cathedrals huge here. The first, we were the only
I love you all and hope you're well!!
I just remembered another really funny thing that happened this week
District pic minus zone leaders
Teaching a 9 year old the word of wisdom. Haha we got pretty creative.
We're having a talent show next weekend! I drew the invites and thought they turned out kinda cute
She's such a cutie. I met her on Sunday In church. She "braided" my hair then told me that she wanted to be Sorella Bonzo so I let her :)

told her that my favorite cake is red velvet and asked if she knew
what that was because its not a thing here. She goes "SANTA TORTA!! OH
MAMMA MIA CHE BUONA!" Hahaha I will forever call red velvet cake
"Santa Torta" (holy cake) now. So we decided that we'd make it for her
this week. No it wasn't as good as the ones you find in Costco, but
with what we have here, I thought we did a pretty good job. She loved
it.

her that her mom and a family friend was coming and that she wanted to
learn more. The Anziani are already teaching her mom and younger
brother but the friend was a referral! We decided to forgo our plans
for that lesson and whipped out the restoration for this new
investigator. She's very religious but said that she'd love to meet
with us again and come to church. She told us that she already has a
Book of Mormon but she's never opened it. She got it from her niece or
something. She said she's moved and cleaned our her house many times
but never could get herself to throw it away. She promised to read it.
It was actually really cool because Alessia'a mom was making these
excuses of how she's read a little bit but she's too busy to read and
her friend was agreeing so we asked Alessia- who is a very busy young
person but has now finished the book and is to D&C 50!!!!- to tell us
her feelings about the Book of Mormon. She bore a beautiful testimony
that brought her mom to tears. She's so awesome.

had come back to church and wants to be rebaptized, Maria. She lives
in the realllllyyy sketchy part of town. There are like bullet holes
in the walls and tons of little kids running around half-clothed who
stared at us like they'd never seen a girl in a skirt, or let alone a
non-Italian in that area in their lives. There was this really loud
music playing over these weird speakers. Our bishop told In fact in
our area book it says that sisters are not allowed to go there and
that's why the sisters stopped visiting her in the past, but we talked
to our zone leaders and they told us that we should just only go in
the morning and just get in and out for her appointments, don't do
finding there or remain there longer than is necessary...so that was
fun!! She told us her whole conversion story which was really cool!
She's doing really well and even has a goal to go to the temple.

a total of like 5 lined up doing things as well on that same street
where we always go. It was crazy. I saw a girl come over and look at
our sheet so I went up and talked to her. Turns out she's from Ohio
and moved here with her husband because he is a baptist priest or
something like that. She asked me what we do and what we believe so I
explain the whole restoration to her very simply. She then said,
"okay, I have a couple questions," and began to throw me every kind of
bible-bashing material she could think of. To every question she
asked, I simple bore testimony of what we believe. She continued to
try to confound. I gained a testimony last night of the promise that
we have as missionaries, and even members, that if we speak with the
spirit, no one will have the power to confound us. You guys, it's so
true. I was truly given the words to say as I calmly and sincerely
bore testimony to her. In the end, she became confounded, having now
more words to say against me or our church. I politely ended the
conversation by inviting her to read the restoration and to pray, just
as Joseph smith did.

inside and it kind of creeped me out...the second was the biggest in
Palermo. It's huge. We walked up to pay for our tickets which were €7
each but the man looked at us and said, "oh, you're sisters, you can
just go in." We explained to him that we aren't apart of this church
but that we're missionaries for another church. He continued to say
that we were missionaries and didn't have to pay. It was super
awesome. The whole time we were in there people were talking to us and
asking which church we were from. We can't preach in other churches so
we couldn't really do tons but it was cool. And we got to go on the
roof of the cathedral and look out of Palermo. It was the coolest
thing I've ever seen. Also we ate the best cannoli I've ever had. The
lady made it right in front of us!! I'm started to have an obsession
them..especially ricotta (the sweet cheese that's inside of them.) its
kind of a problem.

Love, Sorella Bonzo

but I don't have time to write it. Also I took so many pictures today,
I have to go through and send you the best ones. I'll send both of
those next week.




Sorella littlefields first cannolo