Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Temple Trip

Hello! Happy Halloween! 

So many exciting things happened this week. 
First, on Tuesday, we were at a less-active family's house doing personal progress with the daughters. Then the mom came out as we were leaving and was like "I want to do a surprise for you" we were like what? Then she ran to the store to buy stuff to make us dinner! You have to understand that this was not just any dinner appointment..this family is from Ecuador! So I had my first authentic South American meal! It was soo goood. We had rice with turkey and this sauce stuff and lettuce. And the best mango juice I've ever had. My tummy was happy that night. 

Wednesday my companion and I were finally reunited! We picked her up at the airport that morning and she was so glad to be back. And as much as I love the other sisters, and trust me, we had so much fun together, I was so glad to have her back. That night we had a Relief Society Activity--the first one I've been to on the mission. It was a cook-off. So they had everyone who wanted to (which was everyone) brought smething that they cooked/backed, then one by one stood up in front of everyone and presented it. Then the judges would taste and score it. This activity was perfect for them because they all love cooking and they also love talking about their food. And we got some really yummy food out of it too. 

Thursday was like wooooh so many cool things happened! We went to find a less-active lady but she wasn't home. So we decided to do some door to door in that area because we're never there. That's not a very successful finding method in our mission so we don't do it very often but while we were going we were searching all the street names on our ward list to see if we had any less-actives nearby. Turns out we did!! We went and found her and she gave us her number (which we didn't have) and invited us back! Wooo!! Then it started POORING rain. We were walking and I was on the phone when my pass-along cards fell out of my pocket. This African guy ran up and helped me picked them up then basically handed me his number. So we passed him off to the Anziani in the english branch. His name was Wisdom. I also met an African on the bus last week named Bluesky and another man named Fabulous. I also know of a baby named Racehorse. Okay I'm done. 

On fridayyyyyy, we had a sick lesson with Alessia and then right after she had her baptismal interview and now she's getting baptized this Saturday!!! Yayyyy!! She's so happy and so are we. She asked me to give a talk at her ceremony...😬 I'm nervous because surprisingly enough, I haven't given one as a missionary yet. But I'm so excited. 

That night we had a Halloween party with the young single adults and we invited this cute English course student who is going to become an investigator! It was super fun. We played tons of crazy fun"American" games that all of them loved. 

Saturday morning we got a text telling us that apparently we were in charge of the Ward activity that would happen that night. So we basically had to drop everything and go set up and get ready for that all day. But it turned out awesome. We did tons of dancing. One of the investigators of the Anziani is a dance teacher and he is sooo sick. He did hip hop and it made me miss dancing sooo much. Ugh it was so good. 

Sunday we went to like 5 different beaches with Alessia to choose which one she will get baptized at. Oh yeah, she's getting baptized in the ocean as well!! Wooo! It was beautiful. 

Then today we went to another town in Sicily called Agrigento. It's got tons of temple ruins and is basically like a mini Greece. So no I didn't get to go to the actual temple, unfortunately...but this was pretty cool too. 

Okay sorry if that was random. I can't really focus right now.. but yeah I'm good! I hope you guys are too. Vi auguro un buon Halloween! 

Love, Sorella Bonzo

Ecuadorian food

I forgot to mention that we dressed up like the anziani for the Halloween party

Her first time seeing the beach in the mission

The temple! 

We were each other 




Inviato da iPad