Tuesday, November 22, 2016

When you give an Italian a kilo of lemons...🍋

Beverly is doing soooo awesome!!! We were a little worried that she wasn't understanding everything because she's only 15 and she's like sooo golden that we literally don't have to do anything she just accepts everything so we asked her a bunch of questions like "how do prophets help us get to the celestial kingdom" to check her understanding on all of the lessons that we've previously taught and she answered everything perfectly. She is so prepared! She's super cute. On Friday she brought us a bunch of "American" candy because she thought we might miss it. We're excited for her baptism on December 10th.

Maria, the excommunicated member that I started teaching back in August is getting baptized this week on Friday!! She is sooo excited. She was also really prepared and ready to come back. She's doing so well and just can't wait. We're super excited for her. She's had a lot of problems and difficulties in her life but she is so strong now and really understands the atonement now. 

We were in a trio almost all week with sorella Bellomo which was super fun. She's now in a city close to Napoli. We miss her so much! But the new sisters are great, we love them. One of them was in my MTC group, sorella carver, and she's training sorella Ferre. 

Wednesday was the funniest day of my whole mission. We had a lunch appointment with one of our members, mamma Giambona. She's so cute and has wanted to invite us over for a long time but her mom has been really sick she hasn't been able to. But we finally got to go over Wednesday. She loves cooking so she made TONS of food. It was all so good but so filling. And holy cow it was just tooonnnss of food. I was SOOOO fulll. Then she was like alright we have to do something that I do with every missionary the first time that they come to my house. She had us bring a kilo of lemons and she started squeezing them. She put about a half a glass full of lemon juice for each of us then then rest full of water then she put baking soda in and mixed it really quickly and we had to drink it all really fast she said. It's called the "autista" (bus driver) and basically when we started drinking it started fixing up and over flowing and we were laughing but I ended up drinking all of it. Afterwards we all started burping which is what's supposed to happen. It's supposed to help you burp so you don't feel so full anymore. I felt soo sick though. I felt like my stomach was inflated and it needed to pop. I  sat there and burped but it wasn't helping. We were taking a video and my companion asked if I would get up and stop it so I did, then the minute I sat down I THREW UP ALL OVER HER TABLE!!!  Hahahaa it was sooo gross. You could see everything I had just eaten. I felt so bad I just kept saying "I'm sorry!!" She's told me not to worry about it then asked what I wanted to eat since I just emptied my stomach haha. I told her that i just wanted water. Then she just gathered the throw up in her table cloth and we did the spiritual thought smelling throw up the whole time haha. Soo gross but then after we could not stop laughing about it. 

That night we went to another meal appointment for dinner with my favorite family in the Palermo (they're in the other sister's ward but I've seen them a lot for different reasons.) We told them the story and they were all laughing so they didn't make me eat too much and every few minutes they'd joke and be like "sister are you alright? Don't eat too much" Before we went to their house I went home and took a shower, then we walked the entire width of Palermo (it's a huge city) in the most ghetto parts of town after dark just trying to find this person's house so sorella Bellomo could say goodbye. So by the time I got to their house I wasn't too full anymore and could eat a little bit. 

That's all I've got for you. Today we toured the theater with the second biggest stage in the world. It's cool. I've already seen it but my companion and basically all of the missionaries hadn't seen it because we did that the first week I got here which was a long time ago and none of these missionaries were here. 

I love Palermo! I'm so happy to be here and know that I have tons of more work to do here. It's really blossoming. Just this week we have 4 baptisms in our district. That's crazy!! And soo cool. We have so many awesome missionaries here! Wooooooooooo! Life is so good. I hope yours is too. Love you guys!
-sorella bonzo

Last district picture

Haha sorry if this grosses you out. We had to take a pic of this memory. 

Saying bye to sorella Bellomo. 

The theater 


x